Glenn Greenwald: As Obama Makes "False" Surveillance Claims, Snowden Risks Life to Spark NSA Debate

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 26 KB
    http://www.democracynow.org/2013/6/18/glenn_greenwald_as_obama_makes_false

    Glenn Greenwald: As Obama Makes "False" Surveillance Claims, Snowden Risks
    Life to Spark NSA Debate
    "This is why Ron Wyden and Mark Udall, two Democrats on the Intelligence
    Committee, have been repeatedly asking the NSA, "How many Americans'
    telephone calls and emails are you intercepting without warrants under this
    program?" And the NSA continuously tells them, "I'm sorry, we can't provide
    you with even a rough estimate. We don't have the technical capabilities to
    do that. It would take too much time and distract away from our core mission
    for us to assemble those statistics." So this idea that President Obama is
    promoting, that the NSA never listens to Americans' calls or reads their
    emails without warrants, is utterly false."
    Democracy Now: June 19, 2013

    http://www.democracynow.org/2013/6/18/glenn_greenwald_as_obama_makes_false