An Exclusive Interview in Hong Kong with Edward Snowden

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2013
      <http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1259508/edward-snowden-us-govern
      ment-has-been-hacking-hong-kong-and-china>
      http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1259508/edward-snowden-us-governm
      ent-has-been-hacking-hong-kong-and-china?

      The US government has been hacking Hong Kong and China for years

      Former CIA operative makes more explosive claims and says Washington is
      'bullying' Hong Kong to extradite him

      "I am not here to hide from justice, I am here to reveal criminality. I'm
      neither traitor nor hero. I'm an American", he said, adding that he was
      proud to be an American. "I believe in freedom of expression. I acted in
      good faith but it is only right that the public form its own opinion." "Last
      week the American government happily operated in the shadows with no respect
      for the consent of the governed, but no longer. Every level of society is
      demanding accountability and oversight."

      by Lana Lam

      South China Morning Post (June 13 2013)

      US whistle-blower Edward Snowden yesterday emerged from hiding in Hong Kong
      and revealed to the South China Morning Post that he will stay in the city
      to fight likely attempts by his government to have him extradited for
      leaking state secrets.

      In an exclusive interview carried out from a secret location in the city,
      the former Central Intelligence Agency analyst also made explosive claims
      that the US government had been hacking into computers in Hong Kong and on
      the mainland for years.