DN Interview: "Over the Line": U.S. Agents Shooting Innocent Mexicans Across the Border With Impunity

    Message 1 of 4 , May 10, 2013
      http://www.democracynow.org/2013/5/7/over_the_line_us_agents_shooting

      "Over the Line": U.S. Agents Shooting Dead Innocent Mexicans Across the
      Border With Impunity

      "So I went to Mexico, and I found out that there is an agreement between the
      two countries, where U.S. agents are not allowed to fire into the sovereign
      country of Mexico. As a matter of fact, they’re supposed to contact Mexican
      officials if there’s an incident that emanates from the Mexico side of the
      border. So, as far as I could tell, these cross-border shootings are a
      violation of protocol, as well as peace treaties. We have actual peace
      treaties with the country of Mexico, where we’re not supposed to deal with
      Mexico in an armed sort of way."
    • Trey Baskett
      Message 2 of 4 , May 11, 2013
        US agents have a right to defend themselves, or others, if bad guys place them in a set of circumstances requiring immediate defense of life. Does not matter if there is a border in between or not.

        Message 3 of 4 , May 11, 2013
          Ed, I have to say this is a horribly sourced article and does not provide for any sort of appropriate context about the circumstances surrounding the alleged shootings. The word "Impunity" in the title is inflammatory and misleading. This is why I don't find Democracy Now any more credible than the left finds Fox News.

          Message 4 of 4 , May 11, 2013
            This is fine, Trey.  I hope it piques interest in reading and evaluating the article.
            Ed