SB 52, the CA DISCLOSE Act, has big hearing on Tuesday!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2013
      From: Trent Lange, CA Clean Money [mailto:newsletter@...] On
      Behalf Of Trent Lange, CA Clean Money
      Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2013 9:45 PM
      To: epearlag@...
      Subject: SB 52, the CA DISCLOSE Act, has big hearing on Tuesday!

      <http://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?t=1113224740492.0.1101176124554.70401&ts=S0894&o=
      http://ui.constantcontact.com/images/p1x1.gif>

      The fight for REAL disclosure in political ads begins on Tuesday
      when SB 52, the California DISCLOSE Act, is heard by the Senate Elections
      Committee. This is the first in the fight to shine a bright light on
      unlimited anonymous spending on political campaigns.

      One look at how SB 52 will change disclosures on political ads in California
      shows how much of a difference it will make - and we why all need to work
      together to help it pass.

      <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001lVAElu3r60C-TeXH0CD9aswpXlmPq8ozoB6nLA_uH9Gv
      GLuBuKN84sMoU4kEBmam5gZPmP5XAm51gs3cVar33_EwcRFe3qs00zGKjrexp0SdxS8MYwXvJOor
      rTYAhDelkyFwMrpVnJk=>
      SB 52 will stop special interests from hiding behind fake names like "Stop
      Hidden Taxes" or "Stop Special Interest Money Now". Political ads will be
      required to clearly show their three largest funders. Committee websites
      will have to show their top ten major funders.

      <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001lVAElu3r60AKQPGK8URxPWqqESGJ43LVorDiWa7Z8Ab-
      P22EFFjIM0aoUYSKAW1kRDtQFkt8R-5B8guZZEH7cVQgLjOG1io0bOSi5BtvPz_ikPplax31tHZ5
      ciZWeKHOvFMBnN9B0R4=>

      If you can't join us in Sacramento on Tuesday, here are other actions to
      take right now:

      2) DOWNLOAD THE PAPER PETITION FOR SB 52 AND GATHER SIGNATURES!
      Volunteers have already gathered over 8,000 signatures on the paper petition
      for SB 52 - that's a lot for a bill. You might be one of the signers or
      gatherers yourself.

      We need to keep the ball rolling. We need 10,000 signatures on the paper
      petition before the Senate vote in late May, and over 20,000 for the
      Assembly by August.

      Please download and print the petition, sign it yourself, ask your family,
      friends, and others to sign. Then mail or fax them to the address on the
      bottom.

      Download and print the SB 52
      <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001lVAElu3r60CZx1vNjGXIoW5ybli7htyaCD-wGJVAu1Lj
      q7yTm485lZ6rCzBRt-7qJZJn0rDdnwwt_l_2-_IfFKT4yJg08I9fEmnKYK4MeVvPf5oLvYPqIGjc
      1IlhuI2lQbUCmVXHFw0zzSO3tZ0FCflDUbzzLKiSefGxcrpcwTQ=> petition