Obama's Israel Speech, As Seen From Israel

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2013
      <http://portside.org/2013-03-29/obamas-israel-speech-seen-israel> Obama's
      Israel Speech, As Seen From Israel

      Gideon Levy
      March 29, 2013
      Haaretz <http://www.haaretz.com/>
      Two commentaries on President Obama's speech in Israel by Gideon Levy in the
      Israeli newspaper Haaretz: Obama Never Stood a Chance With Israeli
      'Analysts,' and 'Obama Has a Dream and We Should Listen

      U.S. President Barack Obama never stood a chance. It was not Israeli public
      opinion he had to conquer, not Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to
      persuade. His assignment was to break down the iron wall of Israeli
      political commentators, and that is a mission impossible even for a
      statesman of his caliber.

      * * *

      Barack Obama has a dream, and we should listen

      No American president or Israeli statesman has ever delivered a speech like
      this. It deserves to enter the history books - and Israel's textbooks.

      By Gideon Levy
      Haaretz
      <http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/barack-obama-has-a-dream-and-we-should-liste
      n.premium-1.511391#>