Re: [EchoElysianNCForum] Rowena Ave.

  • suzigaukroger
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 26, 2013
      Sorry, the sarcasm icon still hasn't been invented, yet. I'm in agreement with your thoughts. If you follow Scott's directions to the Rowena area on The Eastsider, I think you'll find all the points you could want or not.

      nr

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 26, 2013
        Sorry, I wasn't intending to be sarcastic.  I just think this is a terrible idea.

        ml

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 26, 2013
          Meant my sarcasm, didn't perceive any on your part.

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 26, 2013
            I've always found that section very dangerous to bike and seemingly a terrible place to live or frequent due to the fast traffic (I've never encountered real bad traffic on this road). As a sometimes marginal user (biker), I welcome the road diet and I'm sure the local residents would be happy for some slower traffic.

            This kind of tragedy on the street really came as no surprise to me:
            http://www.theeastsiderla.com/2012/04/silver-lake-traffic-accident-victim-identified/

            However, for that bike lane to become well used it needs to connect with other bike lanes and areas. I'd like them to extend it all the way to Glendale and eventually connect to the Silverlake Bike path.

            Anyway, its often hard to balance the needs of a local neighborhood with the demands that regional users place on their streets and infrastructure. Curious how this will proceed... seems sensible that the city is trying something out rather than just going forward unilaterally.