Reminder: Echo Park CBC, Vista Hermosa CBC, Sunday, Dec. 30, 8:00 am

  • Judith Beatrice
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2012
      The Echo Park Lake Christmas Bird Count will be on Sunday, Dec. 30, 2012,
      8:00 am. We meet near the Boathouse (Echo Park Avenue, near Laguna Avenue).
      There's plenty of street parking. Time: about 2 hours. We will be walking
      the perimeter of the park because of the fences, but we will see many
      species nevertheless; in fact, last year, we had six new species because
      the torn-up terrain was different from the usual parklike environs.

      At 11:00 am, the Vista Hermosa Park CBC will happen (time approximate after
      the Echo Park Lake count). This is a small park just five minutes away from
      Echo Park. It was created about 5 years ago, and as the trees and shrubbery
      mature, more species are coming to visit. Parking entrance is on Toluca
      Street, between Colton and 2nd Street.

      Binoculars strongly recommended.

      Judy Raskin
      Echo Park