A Note From Michael Moore

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2012
      Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2012 7:32 PM
      To: epearlag@...

      A Note From Michael Moore

      Sunday, December 16th, 2012

      Friends,

      I am truly beside myself this time. I tried to ring a warning bell about
      this a decade ago. The disease has only gotten worse.

      But...you feel something different in the air across America tonight, don't
      you? People have had it and the outrage is loud and visible. I'm convinced
      the majority of Americans will now back strong gun control laws. And a
      better mental health care system. And perhaps a few are willing to look at
      the deeper issue of how this country officially sanctions violence as a
      means to an end.

      The NRA, for the first time ever, has gone silent. They've taken their
      Facebook page down. They know they can't show up in Newtown next week and
      stick it to the people there, like they usually do after one of these mass
      killings. Let's face it, the gun lobby tonight is on the ropes. Now is the
      time to act. We can't let this sad moment pass without a true response and a
      president willing to be a strong leader.

      I'll send some more thoughts tomorrow, but for now I thought I'd share with
      you what I've been sending out over Twitter this weekend. (If you're not on
      Twitter, please consider it. I know – not one more social media stop,
      please! But I've found it to be a quick and easy way to communicate with
      millions. Please give it a try. <http://twitter.com/mmflint> I send things
      out on it every day and I'd like you not to miss them.)

      The short term solution? A law immediately banning semi-automatic weapons &
      mega-clips. Must have license to own gun. Must pass mental exam.

      Also, end the U.S.-sanctioned policy of killing: End the wars NOW, end death
      penalty. Stop banks and insurance companies from destroying ppl

      It's all violence & it's all connected. Why does this happen only in
      America? The answer is right in front of u. And it's not just the guns.

      Yours,
      Michael Moore
      MMFlint@...
      @MMFlint <http://twitter.com/mmflint>