Echo Park CBC, Sun., Dec. 30, 2012, 8:00 am

  • Judith Beatrice
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2012
    Hello friends,

    Attached is the flyer with full details of the upcoming Echo Park Lake and
    Vista Hermosa Christmas Bird Counts.
    The date is Sunday, December 30, 2012, and we meet at the Boathouse at 8:00
    am.

    Once again this year, we will walk the perimeter of Echo Park Lake, around
    the fencing, but this will be the last year. It is expected that the park
    refurbishing will be complete sometime around April, 2013, and we will be
    able to get back to the "real" park. Meanwhile, some water is now at the
    north end of the lake, and because of the rains, there is a small amount of
    water at the south end. Remember that last year we identified six species
    that were new to the lake. Who knows what this year will bring?

    If you have access to a bulletin board at work or school or elsewhere,
    please post a copy of this notice. Everyone is welcome, and Echo Park is
    particularly good for beginners.

    We will not be doing a preview walk this year. The Bureau of Engineering
    staff will be on a mandated leave for the week prior to the count and no one
    would be available to accompany us at this time. However, if you should
    decide to walk around the lake in the three days before the Count
    (Thurs-Fri-Sat), you might want to make a note of what you see. We can
    include species seen on those days (but not the numbers) on the count tally.

    I hope to see you on Sunday, December 30.

    Judy Raskin
    Team captain
    Phone on count day: 213-361-7273

    -----