Re: [EchoElysianNCForum] Re: Horrible Trip.....Sheila Anthony

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 12, 2012
      this is probably a scam - which happened to me - but I didn't bite.  A friend in Germany emailed that she needed $3000, was in a Madrid hotel, robbed, etc., etc.  I emailed back that it would be faster for her to contact her (adult) children (all doing well financially) for funds.  Got back an email that she was now in Nigeria, to send funds there and I emailed back that with the money to get to Nigeria, you could have gone home.  Turned out her email list had been hacked and others were contacted - to my knowledge no one was taken in.
      Sheila Anthony is with the ELFS of Edendale Library - a real person in Echo Park.
      On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Lisa <pbspeedo@...> wrote:

      Who is Sheila Anthony?

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Dec 12, 2012, at 9:47 AM, "ofwoodechopark" <ofwood@...> wrote:

      I got the exact same email from someone I don't know who when to the Phillipines and got mugged. Synchronized mugging or hacking.