FW: Charles Glass on Syria's Mutual Destruction and the Unc onvincing Fears of Assad's Chemical Weapons

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2012
      http://www.democracynow.org/2012/12/11/charles_glass_on_syrias_mutual_destru
      ction

      Charles Glass on Syria's Mutual Destruction and the Unconvincing Fears of
      Assad's Chemical Weapons

      Democracy Now: 12/11/12

      Guest:

      Charles <http://www.democracynow.org/appearances/charles_glass> Glass,
      former ABC News chief Middle East correspondent. His book on Syria, Tribes
      With Flags, was reissued this year. His most recent article for The New York
      Review of Books is called "Aleppo: How Syria Is Being Destroyed."

      "I think it's pretty clear that the Syrians have never used chemical
      weapons, that there is no advantage to them to use chemical weapons. The
      areas where there is fighting are areas where people who support them are
      living, and their own soldiers would themselves be vulnerable to inhaling
      chemical gases. There is absolutely no advantage to the regime to do it. It
      sounds to me pretty much like the propaganda that was used prior to the
      invasion of Iraq, where the chemical weapons were held up as an excuse to
      bring about Western intervention, ultimately, when it wasn't true."