Horrible Trip.....Sheila Anthony

  • Sheila Anthony
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 12, 2012

      Hello

      My regrets for this sudden request, On my trip to Newcastle,United Kingdom. I got mugged and all my belongings cash,cellphone and credit cards were all stolen at "gun point".It's such a traumatic experience for me.i need your help flying back home as I am trying to raise some money.i have made contact with my bank but the best they can do is to mail me a new card which will take 2-3 days to arrive here.All i need right now is $1850.00 but anything you can spare pending when we get things straightened out will be appreciated to sort my self out of this predicament, will pay back once I get this over with.

      Western Union Transfer is the fastest option to wire funds to me. Let me know if you need my details(Full names/location) to effect a transfer. You can reach me via email.

      I'm freaked out at the moment.

      Thanks

      Sheila  Anthony,  Broker, GRI
      DRE: 00676274
      3720 Lowry Road
      Los Angeles, CA 90027

      Fax/Phone: 323-664-1388
      Cell  Phone: 323-868-1243

    • j. borden
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 12, 2012
        Looks like you've been hacked, Sheila!
        Happy holidays anyway from Susan and John Borden

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 12, 2012
          I got the exact same email from someone I don't know who when to the Phillipines and got mugged. Synchronized mugging or hacking.

          --- In EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com, Sheila Anthony <sheilaanthony@...> wrote:

          > Hello
          >
          > My regrets for this sudden request, On my trip to
          > Newcastle,United Kingdom. I got mugged and all my belongings
          > cash,cellphone and credit cards were all stolen at "gun point".It's such
          > a traumatic experience for me.i need your help flying back home as I am
          > trying to raise some money.i have made contact with my bank but the
          > best they can do is to mail me a new card which will take 2-3 days to
          > arrive here.All i need right now is $1850.00 but anything you can spare
          > pending when we get things straightened out will be appreciated to sort
          > my self out of this predicament, will pay back once I get this over
          > with.
          >
          > Western Union Transfer is the fastest option to wire funds
          > to me. Let me know if you need my details(Full names/location) to effect
          > a transfer. You can reach me via email.
          >
          > I'm freaked out at the moment.
          >
          > Thanks
          >

          >  Sheila  Anthony,  Broker, GRI
          > DRE: 00676274
          > 3720 Lowry Road
          > Los Angeles, CA 90027
          > Fax/Phone: 323-664-1388
          > Cell  Phone: 323-868-1243

        • Lisa
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 12, 2012
            Who is Sheila Anthony?

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Dec 12, 2012, at 9:47 AM, "ofwoodechopark" <ofwood@...> wrote:

            I got the exact same email from someone I don't know who when to the Phillipines and got mugged. Synchronized mugging or hacking.

            --- In EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com, Sheila Anthony <sheilaanthony@...> wrote:

            > Hello
            >
            > My regrets for this sudden request, On my trip to
            > Newcastle,United Kingdom. I got mugged and all my belongings
            > cash,cellphone and credit cards were all stolen at "gun point".It's such
            > a traumatic experience for me.i need your help flying back home as I am
            > trying to raise some money.i have made contact with my bank but the
            > best they can do is to mail me a new card which will take 2-3 days to
            > arrive here.All i need right now is $1850.00 but anything you can spare
            > pending when we get things straightened out will be appreciated to sort
            > my self out of this predicament, will pay back once I get this over
            > with.
            >
            > Western Union Transfer is the fastest option to wire funds
            > to me. Let me know if you need my details(Full names/location) to effect
            > a transfer. You can reach me via email.
            >
            > I'm freaked out at the moment.
            >
            > Thanks
            >

            >  Sheila  Anthony,  Broker, GRI
            > DRE: 00676274
            > 3720 Lowry Road
            > Los Angeles, CA 90027
            > Fax/Phone: 323-664-1388
            > Cell  Phone: 323-868-1243

          • Rosie Betanzos
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 12, 2012

              Sheila is a local real estate agent as well as one of the key volunteer's at the Edendale Public Library Bookstore.

              Best,
              Rosie

              Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

              I got the exact same email from someone I don't know who when to the Phillipines and got mugged. Synchronized mugging or hacking.

              --- In EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com, Sheila Anthony <sheilaanthony@...> wrote:

              > Hello
              >
              > My regrets for this sudden request, On my trip to
              > Newcastle,United Kingdom. I got mugged and all my belongings
              > cash,cellphone and credit cards were all stolen at "gun point".It's such
              > a traumatic experience for me.i need your help flying back home as I am
              > trying to raise some money.i have made contact with my bank but the
              > best they can do is to mail me a new card which will take 2-3 days to
              > arrive here.All i need right now is $1850.00 but anything you can spare
              > pending when we get things straightened out will be appreciated to sort
              > my self out of this predicament, will pay back once I get this over
              > with.
              >
              > Western Union Transfer is the fastest option to wire funds
              > to me. Let me know if you need my details(Full names/location) to effect
              > a transfer. You can reach me via email.
              >
              > I'm freaked out at the moment.
              >
              > Thanks
              >

              >  Sheila  Anthony,  Broker, GRI
              > DRE: 00676274
              > 3720 Lowry Road
              > Los Angeles, CA 90027
              > Fax/Phone: 323-664-1388
              > Cell  Phone: 323-868-1243

            • Jenny Burman

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 12, 2012
                  Hi All,
                  My name is Suzi Rogers and I volunteer with Sheila every Wednesday at the Edendale Library Book Sale.  Sheila is in Africa right now and returns home next week - she's on a safari right now so truly doubt she's been mugged, unless those monkey's are smarter than I'd thought!
                  Suzi

                  From:"Jenny Burman" <jennylburman@...>
                  Date:December 12, 2012 10:00:24 AM PST
                  To:EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com, "echoelysianncforum@yahoogroups com" <EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com>, "Annalisa Magnasium" <pbspeedo@...>

                    From:"Jenny Burman" <jennylburman@...>
                    Date:December 12, 2012 10:00:24 AM PST
                    To:EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com, "echoelysianncforum@yahoogroups com" <EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com>, "Annalisa Magnasium" <pbspeedo@...>

                    For the last year I have been receiving variations of this hackers' scam -- one of them recently seemed almost legit.
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 12, 2012
                      this is probably a scam - which happened to me - but I didn't bite.  A friend in Germany emailed that she needed $3000, was in a Madrid hotel, robbed, etc., etc.  I emailed back that it would be faster for her to contact her (adult) children (all doing well financially) for funds.  Got back an email that she was now in Nigeria, to send funds there and I emailed back that with the money to get to Nigeria, you could have gone home.  Turned out her email list had been hacked and others were contacted - to my knowledge no one was taken in.
                      Sheila Anthony is with the ELFS of Edendale Library - a real person in Echo Park.