Former Irish President Mary Robinson: Climate Change the Biggest Issue of Our Time

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2012
      http://www.democracynow.org/2012/12/4/fmr_irish_president_mary_robinson_clim
      ate

      Former Irish President Mary Robinson: Climate Change the Biggest Human
      Rights Issue of Our Time

      Democracy Now: December 04, 2012

      Guest: Mary <http://www.democracynow.org/appearances/mary_robinson>
      Robinson, president of the Mary Robinson Foundation–Climate Justice. She
      served as president of Ireland from 1990 to 1997 and U.N. high commissioner
      for human rights from 1997 to 2002. She is a member of the Elders and the
      Club of Madrid and the recipient of numerous honors and awards, including
      the Presidential Medal of Freedom from President Obama.
      AMY GOODMAN: We begin today’s show from the U.N. climate change summit right
      here in Doha with Mary Robinson. She was the first female president of
      Ireland and former U.N. high commissioner for human rights. Today she heads
      the Mary Robinson Foundation–Climate Justice.