Eric Foner on 'Lincoln'- a history lesson, Struggles, New and Old, Emerge in Sandy's Wake

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2012
      Re "
      <http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/23/opinion/brooks-why-we-love-politics.html>
      Why We Love Politics" (Op-Ed, Nov. 23):

      By ERIC FONER
      New York, Nov. 23, 2012

      The writer, a history professor at Columbia University, won the 2011
      Pulitzer Prize for history for "The Fiery Trial: Abraham Lincoln and
      American Slavery."

      Struggles, New and Old, Emerge in Sandy's Wake

      Peter Rugh
      Nation of Change: 11/25/12

      A month after Frankenstorm
      <http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/12438-frankenstorms-and-climate-change-ho
      w-the-1-created-a-monster> Sandy struck, battle lines are beginning to be
      drawn in the wreckage along New York City's shores. The brewing struggles
      are taking shape amidst the popular relief effort that sprung up immediately
      after the storm, pitting organizers and thousands of newly-radicalized
      activists against the effects of ongoing crises in health care, housing and
      the environment. Alongside relief are the seeds of rebellion.