Fwd: Celebrate, Educate, Stop Hate - Free Movie - Dec 7.

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2012
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Teresa Stewart <teresa_stewart_sitz@...>
      Date: Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 2:27 PM
      Subject: Celebrate, Educate, Stop Hate - Free Movie - Dec 7.
      To: Teresa Stewart <teresa_stewart_sitz@...>

      Hi Everyone,

      First, let me wish you and your family a happy Thanksgiving. I'm so
      thankful to have met you all and worked with you in this important
      effort of addressing hate crimes in our neighborhoods.

      Second, I have two invitations for you. Please forward the movie
      invitation to your personal lists. We want a big turn out for this
      event.

      You are invited to a free screening of Glenne McElhinney's
      documentary, "On These Shoulders We Stand," about LGBT civil rights in
      the 60s and 70s in Los Angeles. After the screening a panel of local
      community activists will discuss LGBT civil rights in LA then and now.

      Friday, December 7, 2012
      5:00pm until 7:00pm

      Echo Park Film Center
      1200 N. Alvarado Street, Los Angeles, California 90026

      ON THESE SHOULDERS WE STAND
      Preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-vAE2ETi_A
      Impact Stories: http://www.impactstories.org/film.htm

      Sponsored by: Celebrate, Educate, Stop Hate
      https://www.facebook.com/CelebrateEducateStopHate (Please 'like' us.)

      After the movie you are welcome to join the Hollywood Sunset Free
      Clinic 25th Annul AIDS Posada. The procession will pass by the theater
      where we can join and walk the last block to the Echo Park Methodist
      Church. The restaurant Alegria on Sunset is providing a delicious
      chicken pozole for everyone to enjoy. Community members, business
      owners and residents will share their personal experiences with
      HIV/AIDS.

      Our December "Celebrate, Educate, Stop Hate" meeting will be

      Monday, December 10 at 5:00pm

      at Barragans Mexican Restaurant
      1538 West Sunset Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90026

      This is a chance to hang out and schmooze with all the wonderful
      people we've met this year and consider how far we've come and how far
      we have left to go.

      Please RSVP to teresa.sitz@... as soon as possible.
      It's $1.25 taco night and the place fills up fast. We have a space
      reserved, but I do need a head count.
      There is valet parking across the street and street parking on Sunset
      and in the neighborhood.
      If you have any questions contact teresa.sitz@...

      Thank you, everyone! Have a great turkey day!

      Teresa

      Teresa Sitz
      Community Representative | Downtown Magnets High School
      213 447 8591

      "He who opens a school door, closes a prison." - Victor Hugo