Re: [EchoElysianNCForum] Polling place confusion

  • Carol Cetrone
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 7, 2012
      from the Echo Park - Silver Lake Patch on Facebook:
      Did you vote "provisionally" yesterday? Did you fill out a pink form after failing to find your name on a precinct list?
      Dean Logan, County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk, says it's 85-90 percent certain your vote will count. Watch video here. AR
      (not that they shouldn't iron out these issues for next time, but just thought it would make some people feel a tiny bit better...)

      Yep Tyler you were right. I went BACK to the polling place. I didn't see the map or that voting districts were broken down by color with a corresponding table. This polling place got blindsided with the closure and overflow from two other polling locations. I was directed to the wrong table. Even after asking lots of questions as to why my name was missing they still told me to vote provisionally. So I did. Not once did they tell me to verify with the other tables. I should have been more observant. In reality my table was across the room and they found my name the second time around. Too late. Even now, an hour and half before closing they were still failing to tell people to check with each table before voting provisionally. To anyone going to Elsyian Valley Rec Center: if they can't find your name make sure you check with each table before voting provisionally. The folks there are volunteers and they are little frazzled.