Homeless camp on Glendale

  • natstertv
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 6, 2012
      hi everyone,
      apparently our SLO is on vacation for another week, and there's a homeless camp that's propped up on north Glendale near the 2 freeway entrance. Anyone know what to do to get them to leave or move? It's huge and seems pretty shady.

      thanks all...nat
    • cp00733
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 6, 2012
        Call CD 13 323-957-4500

        ask for Oliver...He is our field deputy...they can get LAHSA) LA Homeless assistance out tthere

        cp

        --- In EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com, "natstertv" <natstertv@...> wrote:

        > hi everyone,
        > apparently our SLO is on vacation for another week, and there's a homeless camp that's propped up on north Glendale near the 2 freeway entrance. Anyone know what to do to get them to leave or move? It's huge and seems pretty shady.
        >
        > thanks all...nat

      • Oliver DelGado
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 7, 2012

          Hi all,

          We've put this on NE division's radar and PATH's. Sally and I swung by confirm location.

          On Nov 6, 2012 9:35 PM, "cp00733" <peterscp007@...> wrote:

          Call CD 13 323-957-4500

          ask for Oliver...He is our field deputy...they can get LAHSA) LA Homeless assistance out tthere

          cp

          --- In EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com, "natstertv" <natstertv@...> wrote:

          > hi everyone,
          > apparently our SLO is on vacation for another week, and there's a homeless camp that's propped up on north Glendale near the 2 freeway entrance. Anyone know what to do to get them to leave or move? It's huge and seems pretty shady.
          >
          > thanks all...nat

        • Michael Lawler
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 7, 2012
            While you're at it, how about the sty under the 101 overpasses at Alvarado?  And to a lesser extent at Silverlake?  And a few other "encampments" under other local overpasses which are being completely ignored.  Disgusting.  I mean really, why is this stuff invisible to the office of a Councilman who wants to be mayor?  And then there's the problem of scavengers who work the dumpsters and blue bins of all the small apartments around Silverlake and the Hollywood freeway, waking people in the wee hours and creating a general air of decreased personal safety and a decline in the quality of life in our neighborhoods.

            ml

            At 03:10 PM 11/7/2012, you wrote:

            Hi all,

            We've put this on NE division's radar and PATH's. Sally and I swung by confirm location.
            On Nov 6, 2012 9:35 PM, "cp00733" <peterscp007@...> wrote:

            Call CD 13 323-957-4500

            ask for Oliver...He is our field deputy...they can get LAHSA) LA Homeless assistance out tthere

            cp

            --- In EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com, "natstertv" <natstertv@...> wrote:

            > hi everyone,
            > apparently our SLO is on vacation for another week, and there's a homeless camp that's propped up on north Glendale near the 2 freeway entrance. Anyone know what to do to get them to leave or move? It's huge and seems pretty shady.
            >
            > thanks all...nat

          • natstertv
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 14, 2012
              Hi Christine, I emailed Oliver and left a message and nothing - no return. The homeless camp is still there, looks like no one likes to do their job. As a stakeholder, that camp is cramping the neighborhood's style. Anyone else have suggestions how to get them to move?
            • Oliver DelGado
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 14, 2012
                Per last week's email, our office had been working alongside LAPD Northeast division and LA Homeless Services Authority to address the encampment at freeway overpass. As of this afternoon, the encampment is no longer active as confirmed by our Senior Lead Officer Bobby Hill.

                Oliver

                --
                Oliver DelGado, Field Deputy & LGBT Liaision
                Office of Councilmember Eric Garcetti

              • natstertv
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 14, 2012
                  Nevermind. Finally spoke to Oliver, very nice guy. And the camp has been relocated. Thanks.

                  --- In EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com, "natstertv" <natstertv@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Christine, I emailed Oliver and left a message and nothing -

                • rmschenot
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 14, 2012
                    I'm glad it worked out. I've had good dealings with Oliver and have heard only good reports.
                    Malcolm

                    From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

                    natstertv <natstertv@...> wrote:

                    Nevermind. Finally spoke to Oliver, very nice guy. And the camp has been relocated. Thanks.

                    --- In EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com, "natstertv" <natstertv@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Christine, I emailed Oliver and left a message and nothing -

                  • Dawn
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 15, 2012
                      How about the encampment at the church on laguna? The church has even tried for a long time to get lapd to help.