Re: David McReynolds: On the Eve of the Election

  • Nalini
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2012
      Those who won't vote for Obama because they are in a "safe state" are once again withholding support during a crucial election. If those voters abstain, then it makes it more possible that Obama will win the electoral college but not the popular vote, which will give Romney/Ryan and the tea party GOP another way to obstruct and obstruct progress for the next four years.

      Those who supported Obama in 2008 need to shake the haze out of their vision and give him the support he needs to finish the job. Once elected, we can all get back to putting our priorities in front of our elected leaders and demand results. But if Romney/Ryan are in charge, we will lose another decade of possibility, like we did under Bush and his lousy two terms.

      Four years ago, this week, I created a video to give a last minute support to the Obama campaign in 2008. Since today might be the last time this video could strike a chord with voters, I'm asking you to take a listen to it. If you like the message, please share it with your own facebook or twitter friends today. I wrote this song originally after being involved in a refugee aid project, but it applies to anyone in the darkness, in despair, looking for some way to dig out of a tough situation.

      I hope this song and video will give some positive inspiration to those folks who have heard nothing but gripes and complaints from both the far right and the far left for the last two years!

      "Hold On"
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gktyOnzNVuA

      Many thanks! Nalini