Magic Gas/Echo Fuels scam

  • erika suderburg
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 5, 2012
      My understanding is that Magic Gas/Echo Fuels stole numbers and were an organized ring under investigation which fled prior to being arrested-hence the sudden demise of the station, lack of gas most of the the time (prior to closing) and pumps that wouldn't take your card so you had to go inside. I cannot point you to a specific place to confirm this info but my understanding it that they are now fugitives. If anyone has this police info can you post it? Magic gas info was told to me by a neighbor. On my bank statement they are all listed as Chevron in various cities from Ontario to Long Beach to Irvine and each day about $125 was taken out until I noticed it. Evidently this is par for the course-they always use a generic company name-Shell, Mobil, Chevron etc.... Indeed they take the numbers and can use them until you cancel the cards or if you are with a bank with good fraud protection. So Echo Fuels having skipped town doesn't mean they aren't still floating the numbers. Anyhow this is what I know hope it helps-Erika
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 5, 2012
        I got one of the last tanks of gas from Magic Gas, luckily I used cash.
        My car ran badly after that, probably bad gas. I've been putting injection cleaner in with each subsequent tank of gas, and it's been working great. If you've got bad gas in your car because of Magic Gas, remember it costs a minimum of $200 per injector to replace (that's for cheap cars, I have no idea what European imports will run).
        That means for a 4 cylinder engine, 4 x 200 = $800; 6 cylinder engine, 6 x 200 = $1200, minimum.
        Fuel injector cleaner is really cheap and works great. You can get it at any auto parts store, and many 99 cent stores have it.

        Malcolm Schenot
        Echo Park, Los Angeles

[...]

      • Lisa

[...]

        • Kristin
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 8, 2012
            They got me too!   All charges at gas station names for around $100 each.

            All in the Inland Empire area. Check your statements, neighbors.

            -Kristin

            Sent from my iPhone

[...]

          • ms.bug
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 8, 2012
              Egad. Soon the day is coming where you don't get a credit card, you get a dongle to produce a unique charge number that's good for the next 10 minutes.

              I suppose the only reason it hasn't happened yet is that no one has figured out how to produce a cheap, functioning gadget.
            • MaraS
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 9, 2012
                Nah...the next thing will be implanting a chip in your forehead. In cases of identity theft, they'll just replace your head!

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 10, 2012
                  given what we've seen in the elections this year, i wonder if there isn't a secret test program in place already!!

                  :D

                  Fri Nov 9, 2012 8:58 am (PST) . Posted by:

                  "MaraS" mamadazo2003

                  Nah...the next thing will be implanting a chip in your forehead. In cases of identity theft, they'll just replace your head!

                  --- In EchoElysianNCForum@ yahoogroups. com, "ms.bug" <ms.bug@...> wrote:

                  > Egad. Soon the day is coming where you don't get a credit card, you get a dongle to produce a unique charge number that's good for the next 10 minutes.

                  > I suppose the only reason it hasn't happened yet is that no one has figured out how to produce a cheap, functioning gadget.

                • vickyisat
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 10, 2012
                    I just finished sending in fraudulent charge forms to my bank for large charges from Inland Empire gas stations- made just last week, so they still have numbers. Is there a way we can notify the neighborhood?
                  • suderburg erika
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 11, 2012
                      I tried to notify the neighborhood last week via this list which is why i posted this thread -erika
                    • csi_robyn
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 12, 2012
                        got me too; $1000 in charges to gas stations in San Bernadino, Upland, ,... In the middle of getting it sorted out with my bank. I will pass this along to them.