Town Hall: Parks & Public Safety

  • EPIA
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2012

      From: Echo Park Improvement Association <epiamail@...>
      To: epiamail@...
      Sent: Monday, October 29, 2012 9:07 PM
      Subject: Town Hall: Parks & Public Safety

      Town Hall: Parks & Public Safety
      Follow us:
      Is this email not displaying correctly?
      View it in your browser.
      MEETING REMINDER:
      EPIA TOWN HALL MEETING on PARKS & PUBLIC SAFETY
      Thursday, November 1 at 7:00 pm

      Many in our community live in the shadow of Elysian Park and Echo Park Lake, and are impacted when those parks are used as party spots or for other illegal activities. Citywide, the "open park system" has mandated a need for Park Patrols.

      Once the domain of the Park Ranger, the duties were shifted to the newly created "Office of Public Safety" in a purported money saving move. Now it is found to be too costly and is being proposed to be merged with LAPD. Where does that leave our Parks? Will the many unfilled Ranger positions be reinstated along with the necessary reassignment of duties to the Park Rangers to help protect our Parks and promote Public Safety?

      This issue will be discussed at our regularly schedule meeting on Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 7:00 pm. All are welcome! Bring yourself, your neighbors, your input, and join us at Barlow Hospital, located at 2000 Stadium Way, in Williams Hall.

      Copyright © 2012 Echo Park Improvement Association, All rights reserved.
      You received this email because you signed our email list at a meeting or EPIA event, and we have added your email to our database.
      Our mailing address is:
      Echo Park Improvement Association
      PO Box 261021
      Los Angeles, CA 90026