2012 LAPD Annual Trail Ride and Benefit Dinner

  • Trey Baskett
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26 5:03 PM
    As the summer winds down I want to let the neighborhood know about our fundraising event sponsored by the LAPD Mounted Platoon. The two-day event helps raise money to acquire new horses and gear for the unit. If anyone is interested in attending please see the attached flyer, website, and or details below. Whether you are a horse person or not this is great fun and a great way to connect with the local horse community and support the mounted officers of Los Angeles. There is something for everyone here. All proceeds go the Los Angeles Police Mounted Foundation, a 501 (c) 3 not for profit organization. We do have rental horses available for the trail ride portion. The rental is a separate fee. Call our barn if you have questions or queries, (213)485-5909 or email Janice Stegner at N3430@....

    The scoop:

    On Friday, October 12th at 6:00pm the LAPD Mounted Platoon will host a Benefit BBQ and live auction at the Saddle and Sirloin Club, 3933 Rigali Av, LA, CA 90039. Among the many cool items offered at auction will be a genuine LAPD Western saddle and an Equine Training Day with the platoon.

    Saturday morning, October 13th, after a light breakfast, we ride through beautiful Griffith Park for several hours enjoying many views of the city from various high points along the trails. Registration at 6:00 am and ride departure at 9:00am. Lunch served after the ride at the Ahmanson Equestrian Facility, home to the platoon.

    Cost is $50 for the ride only, $125 for dinner only or $150 combined. Horse rentals separate. Credit cards accepted.

    http://lapdmountedplatoon.com/

    Find us on Facebook too!

    Mail checks payable to:
    Los Angeles Mounted Police Foundation