meeting

  • Jeb Brighouse
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 11, 2001
      Echo-Elysian Neighborhoods Council Meeting

      Wednesday June 13 7:00 to 8:30

      Methodist Church, Reservoir @ Alvarado

      Agenda:

      Our achievements so far

      Requirements for certification

      Board of Director actions
    • Jeb Brighouse
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 25, 2001
        Echo-Elysian Neighborhoods Council Meeting

        Wednesday June 27 7:00 to 8:30

        Methodist Church, Reservoir @ Alvarado
      • christine peters
        Message 3 of 25 , Dec 22, 2003
          Please disregard the auto e-mail wit hmeeting time and
          date. There is no december meeting.
          christine
        • pbspeedo
          Message 4 of 25 , Apr 29 10:24 AM
            I attended the last Neighborhood Council meeting for the first time. I must
            say, I was saddened and disappointed by the behavior of a few of the
            Council's Representatives.

            We expect professionalism and respect from our elected officials and yet I
            saw very little of that. If we want the City Council, the Board of
            Supervisors and others on up the line to behave accordingly, don't we need
            to set an example? Several of the Representatives ate, talked and ran out of
            the room to speak with certain visitors. Some others arrived late and left
            early. Running after those who came to the Council to ask for assistance at
            least gives the appearance that Representatives are trying to curry favor
            with them.

            If you haven't the time to be there and to show respect for your
            constituents, perhaps you ought to think about stepping aside and allowing
            others more committed to do the work. Other representatives came, stayed,
            didn't leave their seats, refrained from eating. All of you should do the
            same.
          • yque4@aol.com
            Message 5 of 25 , Apr 29 7:17 PM

              Subj: [EchoElysianNCForum] meeting
              Date: 4/29/2004 11:09:56 AM Pacific Standard Time
              From: pbspeedo@...

              To: EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com

              Sent from the Internet

[...]

              if you feel you can do a better non- paid job please run for a seat and represent your community. give of you time instead of just being a casual observer, get involved !  don't just flap your jaws........
              Thank you for your time,
              Luiza
            • markybarsh@aol.com
              Message 6 of 25 , Aug 13, 2004
                Luisa--are you still having the meeting on Saturday at ll:30 at the library???

                let me know

                Suzanne
              • markybarsh@aol.com
                Message 7 of 25 , Apr 13 12:56 PM
                  MONTHLY COMMUNITY SAFETY MEETING

                  Thursday 3:00  at Sunset and Echo Park--the LAPD stop in behind Bank of America (across from Holloway cleaners)

                  Senior Lead officers from Rampart and Northeast Divisions  and  Select Patrol will be there.

                  Come and share current information and problems.  All are welcome

                  sponsered by the Echo Park Security Assoc.
                • markybarsh@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jan 17, 2006
                    Eric Garcetti's office will sponser a meeting on January 26th regarding the recent shootings in Echo Park.

                    The meeting will be held at Logan St. elementary school at 7 pm.

                    For all of the people who were really upset by the recent shootings
                    you will hopefully attend---lets move to make Echo Park a safer place.

                    suzanne
                  • Isa-Kae Meksin
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jan 17, 2006
                      Hello Suzanne,
                      This meeting would be a good place to bring the latest Echo Park
                      Security Asso. information - when non-members see it, perhaps it will
                      be an incentive to join. Also, were you able to get the papers we
                      got at the police meeting last week, held at the Bank of American
                      stop-in center?? i believe they will be helpful.

                      Perhaps Eric could have the two senior lead officers - and they
                      could bring the crime statistics - so all the problems here in Echo
                      Park will be viewed in a larger context - and we can see how by
                      comparison, we are, relatively speaking, doing rather well...

                      Isa
                      --
                    • Brian Jorkovsky
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jan 17, 2006
                        Does anyone know whether there have been additional shootings/violence
                        since the last one on Echo Park Ave about 3 weeks ago?

                        -- Brian

                        --- In EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com, Isa-Kae Meksin

                      • markybarsh@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jan 24, 2006
                          Don't forget the    Neighborhood crime meeting on Thursday January 26th

                          Barlow Hospital ---- Williams Hall  2000 Stadium way. 7:00

                          If you are concerned about crime then you must come.

                          Suzanne
                        • komformist
                          Message 12 of 25 , Jan 30, 2006
                            how did this meeting turn out? i was all set to go, but i ended up
                            being held hostage by our newborn.

                            sean

                            --- In EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com, markybarsh@a... wrote:

                            > Don't forget the Neighborhood crime meeting on Thursday January 26th
                            >
                            > Barlow Hospital ---- Williams Hall 2000 Stadium way. 7:00
                            >
                            > If you are concerned about crime then you must come.
                            >
                            > Suzanne

                          • Seven Crows Bookshop
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jan 31, 2006
                              I was not able to go either, as I could not get anyone
                              to cover our shop. I would also appreciate an update,
                              if anyone has the time to post one here.

                              Thanks!!!!

                              Esther

                              http://mail.yahoo.com
                            • markybarsh@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 25 , Jan 31, 2006
                                It was a very good meeting--representative from about 6  different neighborhood groups were there to talk about what they do in the Echo Park area---police, trash, graffiti, working with the gangs, Select Patrol, Councilman's office, etc. etc.
                              • Seven Crows Bookshop
                                Message 15 of 25 , Feb 1, 2006
                                  Any word on gang activity and crime in general?

                                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                                • markybarsh@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Mar 1, 2006
                                    FOR ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE BEEN ASKING ABOUT BARLOW HOSPITAL COME TO THE EPIA MEETING THIS THURSDAY 7PM AT BARLOW HOSPITAL - WILLIAMS HALL--
                                    TO HEAR THE NEWS  2000 Stadium Way   Margaret Crane from Barlow - will speak.

                                                  VERY IMPORTANT MEETING- CAN WE SAVE THESE HISTORIC BUILDINGS?????????
                                  • pbspeedo@sbcglobal.net

                                      Message 18 of 25 , Mar 1, 2006
                                        Yes, but I wanted to put it on again and also say it differently and emphasize it

                                        suzanne
                                      • markybarsh@aol.com
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Jul 18, 2006
                                          ALERT.

                                          The Chamber of Commerce will have a meeting on Thursday at 7:00 at Taix Resturant.

                                          El Centro Del Pueblo will talk about their plans for putting in housing in the city lots behind the Sunset Blvd. business district.  The plan would destroy our shopping district.
                                          Come and hear what their plans are.

                                          Suzanne
                                        • carlins_momma
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Jul 19, 2006
                                            Why would it "destroy" our shopping district?

                                            --- In EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com, markybarsh@... wrote:

                                            > ALERT.
                                            >
                                            > The Chamber of Commerce will have a meeting on Thursday at 7:00
                                            at Taix
                                            > Resturant.
                                            >
                                            > El Centro Del Pueblo will talk about their plans for putting in
                                            housing in
                                            > the city lots behind the Sunset Blvd. business district. The
                                            plan would
                                            > destroy our shopping district.
                                            > Come and hear what their plans are.
                                            >
                                            > Suzanne

                                          • Isa-Kae Meksin
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Jul 19, 2006
                                              Re: [EchoElysianNCForum] meeting

                                              I hope someone will be able to attend -- and suggest that El Centro, instead of destroying the municipal parking, negotiate  with Angelus Temple owners and build on the empty lot where the 24 units collapsed one December a few years ago and which has been  empty, unused, vacant, pointless.  isa
                                              --

                                            • markybarsh@aol.com
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Jul 20, 2006
                                                There would be no place to park