2012 Los Angeles Asian Pacific Islander American Heritage Month - Artists Letter and Event Form

  • Mike Fong
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2012

    Good afternoon Community Leader -

    Hope you are doing well.

    I have attached info on a request for events from the Department of Cultural Affairs for the 2012 Los Angeles Asian Pacific Islander American Heritage Month calendar.

    The deadline has been extended to April 2, 2012.

    Thanks and have a great day,

    Mike

    Dear Friend,

    The Department of Cultural Affairs (DCA) is a proud supporter of Los Angeles’ 2012 Asian and Pacific Islander American Heritage Celebration.  This celebration will promote and encourage an awareness of the significant contributions made by our City’s African Americans in culture, education, politics, business, technology, and the arts.

    As part of this celebration, our Department is once again creating a comprehensive calendar and cultural guide showcasing quality Asian and Pacific Islander American artists from across Los Angeles and will list the numerous events, exhibitions, lectures, and festivals related to this annual celebration of culture.

    Our goals are to expose Angelenos to the great works of our local visual and literary artists, and to make them aware of the exciting events happening as part of the celebration.  We also want to encourage their appreciation of LA’s past artistic traditions and today’s modern contemporary styles.

    To assist us, we invite you to please submit images of your visual or literary works of art via email to marta.stork@....  Please only send high-resolution images (300 DPI or larger) and short works of poetry appropriate for publication.  Please include all credit information with all works submitted.

    The deadline for artwork submissions is April 2, 2012.

    We appreciate your help and look forward to commemorating

    Asian and Pacific Islander American heritage and traditions in Los Angeles through this special publication.  Should you have any questions regarding this annual calendar and cultural guide, please contact my assistant editor, Martica Caraballo Stork, at 213.202.5556.

    Sincerely,

    Will Caperton y Montoya

    Director of Marketing and Development

    City of Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs