CCAC

  • gsohacki
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 29, 2011
      During the summer months, 3 days out of each week, Central City Action youth will be involved in graffiti removal as well as community clean-up and beautification projects.
      For the other 2 days our goal is to raise monies to do fun and educational activities such as beaches, museums, movies, camping etc. Please support us by stopping by the fire station located at 534 East Edgeware Rd for our 4-day rummage sale o July 5, 6, 7, and 8th from 10:30 to 7p.m. We have a lot of new and interesting including a 7’by 9’ greenhouse.
    • pbspeedo@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 18, 2013
        Who does the painting out?
      • cp00733
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 18, 2013
          Mostly Dave Bermudez and a small crew..... They had to lay off a lot of staff due to budget cuts..

        • pbspeedo@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 18, 2013
            I'm very sorry. How is Marianne?

            On Aug 18, 2013, at 12:05 PM, "cp00733" <peterscp007@...> wrote:

            Mostly Dave Bermudez and a small crew..... They had to lay off a lot of staff due to budget cuts..

            --- In EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com, pbspeedo@... wrote:

            > Who does the painting out?

          • cp00733
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 18, 2013
              She's hanging in there......it's hard not having Gloria at the center....with budget cuts and the economy they are piecing it together....I'll put the word out the next time they do rummage sale....it pays for the kids field trips...

              cp

            • pbspeedo@sbcglobal.net
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 18, 2013
                We love them.

                On Aug 18, 2013, at 2:11 PM, "cp00733" <peterscp007@...> wrote:

                She's hanging in there......it's hard not having Gloria at the center....with budget cuts and the economy they are piecing it together....I'll put the word out the next time they do rummage sale....it pays for the kids field trips...

                cp

                --- In EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com, pbspeedo@... wrote:

                > I'm very sorry. How is Marianne?
                >
                > On Aug 18, 2013, at 12:05 PM, "cp00733" <peterscp007@...> wrote:
                >

                > > Mostly Dave Bermudez and a small crew..... They had to lay off a lot of staff due to budget cuts..
                > >
                > > --- In EchoElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com, pbspeedo@ wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Who does the painting out?

              • Cindy Ortiz
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 18, 2013

                  David & Maryanne,

                  How can this community assist CCAC?

                  Cindy O.

                  =======
                  http://www.pctools.com
                  =======

                • idatalalla@...
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 18, 2013
                    CCAC has provided this community with outstanding service at a number of levels.
                    The cuts were unfortunate and needlessly penalized an organization that acted with
                    service to the community as its core operation. We, as a community, need to make sure these
                    cuts do not impact such a  service organization in the future.. For starters E-Mail / write to your Council Members in Council  Districts 1 & 13

                    Lobby the Office of the Mayor when the City Budget is being shaped.
                    Go  to a City  Council session and speak up for CCAC during session.
                    (Under Public Comments if it is not an agenda item).
                    Speak up at a Public Works Commission Meeting. CCAC is a sub contractor and as
                    such comes under the Commission's  purview. Your participation needs to continue.  Track
                    what the allocations are. Call/e-mail to see what progress has been made.

                    Call the City's 311 number to find out how to get in touch with those mentioned here.
                    Speak up for valid and invaluable services provided by organizations in the community such as
                    Central City Action Committee. CCAC is a not-for profit organization. A  contribution, will be put
                    to good use that benefits community. Central City Action Committee is a crown jewel in this community
                    whose service is appreciated and must  be  supported  if  its future is to be assured.

                    Ida Talalla

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 20, 2013
                      Central City Action Committee - phone 311 and give specific location, ask for confirmation number (to be able to follow up) and the truck/paints are kept at the fire station.

                      On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 11:59 AM, <pbspeedo@...> wrote:

                      Who does the painting out?