EPIA-NIC Committee July 2010 Agenda

  • Andrew Garsten
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2010
    Attached and below is the Echo Park Improvement Association (EPIA)
    Neighborhood Issues Committee Agenda for our July Meeting. Also attached
    are the draft June Meeting Minutes.

    Anyone interested is invited to attend.

    andrew
    ==================

    ECHO PARK IMPROVEMENT ASSOCIATION

    Neighborhood Issues Committee Agenda

    Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 7 pm

    Williams Hall, Barlow Hospital, 2000 Stadium Way

    Members: Andrew Garsten, Peter Lassen, Isa Kae Meksin, Darren Hubert,
    Christine Peters, Kelly Smith, Malcolm Schenot, Lawrence Fried, Steven
    Arthur, Suzanne Kimbrough, Judy Raskin

    1. Introductions and sign in. //
    2. *June Minutes//*
    3. *Schools*:
    1. Van De Kamps/LACC-LACCD (Garsten)//
    4. *Land Use*:
    1. Barlow Hospital-Proposed Entitlements and Development
    (Garsten)//
    2. Jenson’s Sign Update (Peters) //
    3. Durbin project and Morton Village complex (Garsten) //
    4. Filming Committee (Garsten) //
    5. News Stands (Lassen) //
    6. 6 New SRF on Rosebud Ave. (Peters)//
    7. Four-Square Senior Housing Project – MND (Garsten, Lassen)//
    8. Sunset Community Garden Mixed Use Project (Peters).//
    9. Bertco Property//
    10. New Business:
    5. *Parks*:
    1. Echo Park Lake

    i. Restoration Project (Raskin)/ /

    ii. Illegal Flea Market (Garsten) – Letter to Commission

    iii. Lady of the Lake statue damage (Meksin)

    2. Elysian Park (Peters)
    3. New business
    5. *Public Works*:
    1. Route 2 Terminus Improvement Project Updates (Lassen, Raskin)
    2. Mural Projects-EPIA Committee? (Lassen, Meksin) Telallah to
    present results of her research
    3. Walkable Streets-Streetscape and pedestrian amenities
    Working Group (Meksin)
    4. Dodgers traffic issues (Hubert)
    5. Scott and Glendale sewer repairs (Lassen, Garsten, Peters).
    Notify Dodgers. Peters to investigate/ /
    6. Labonge “taco truck ordinance” (Peters).
    7. New Business/./
    6. *EPIA Policies, Procedures, & Administrative*

    i. Standing Rules, Membership Dues. (Hubert)

    ii. CD13 Non-Profit Leadership Summit August 18^th (should we attend?)

    8. *EPIAn Ways Newsletter/Web Page* (Hubert, Smith)*//*
    9. *Public Comment on Non-Agenda Items. *
    10. *Future Agendas Items*/ /**
    11. *Next Meeting *//
    12. *Adjourn*//

    Standing Rules:

    1) EPIA Reserve the right to oppose projects requiring entitlements when
    developer will not meet with us (or is non-responsive). 5/16/2010