EENC Meeting 5/31

  • Jeb Brighouse
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2001
      To: Echo-ElysianNCForum@yahoogroups.com
      From: Jeb Brighouse, Pres. (provisional) EENC (provisional)
      June 3., 2001

      At our meeting last Thurs. evening, we distributed the recent L.A. City
      Ordinance on Neighborhood Councils dated May 15. There are some new
      items, including specifics on funding and the Early Notification System,
      ENS. They have more details on how DONE will deal with applications for
      official certification. We distributed DONE's guidelines on what to do
      to prepare for submitting the application for certification. We expect
      to do this early on.
      We also distributed the 3rd draft of the EENC by-laws with the new
      name, preamble, and provision for the youth representative. The
      boundary now includes Historic Echo Park between Temple and Beverly,
      from Roselake to Beaudry. This is south of the EP/SL plan area which is
      our organizational basis. This neighborhood is close to Echo Park (the
      park itself) and does have the EP Library and the EP swimming pool. The
      residential area west of Glendale Blvd has permanent interests in the
      fate of the Blvd. which will continue to be an EENC issue.
      About half of the 50 offices on the Board of Governors were filled by
      volunteers at this meeting. This is a very significant step forward.
      We now have a roster of members that will continue to be expanded at the
      next meeting. This is in addition to the basic organizational document,
      the by-laws. The Echo-Elysian Neighborhoods Council is an accomplished
      fact.
      The next EENC meeting is planned for Wed. June 13, ‘01 at the Methodist
      Church. I haven't received confirmation of the date yet, but will let
      you know if it is different.

      Thanks, Jeb Brighouse