Fw: 4th Zero Waste Citywide Conference

  • christine peters
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 924 KB

    --- On Mon, 5/18/09, Araceli Larios <araceli@...> wrote:
    From: Araceli Larios <araceli@...>
    Subject: 4th Zero Waste Citywide Conference
    To: "Araceli Larios" <araceli@...>
    Date: Monday, May 18, 2009, 3:30 PM

    Good afternoon Neighborhood Council members,

    I wanted to let you and other stakeholders know about an exciting and important event coming up.  We would love if you and others could join us on May 30th for the fourth Zero Waste Citywide Conference where the Policies, Programs, and Facility Plan will be presented for review and discussion by stakeholders as part of the City of Los Angeles’ 20-year Solid Waste Integrated Resources Plan - your plan for a Zero Waste future!

    Attached is the flyer for the event.  If you would be so kind as to distribute as you see fit, that would be great.  There is RSVP information included in the flyer or, if you prefer, you can simply RSVP through me.

    4th Zero Waste Citywide Conference only three weeks away!!

     The 4th Citywide Conference for the City of Los Angeles' Zero Waste Plan is only three weeks away.  The conference will be held on May 30, 2009 from

    8:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m. at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels in downtown L.A.

    This is an excellent opportunity for you to help the City achieve its Zero Waste goal by reviewing and discussing the Draft Policy, Program, and Facility Plan!

    Ø      Don’t miss the fabulous Recycled Art Fashion Show put on by Haute Trash which will feature many of your favorite Zero Waste LA friends and neighbors modeling fashions made from recycled products.

    Ø      Come early for continental breakfast (7:30 a.m.) and visit with the outstanding exhibitors who will bring displays and information about the cutting edge of green living and zero waste.

    Ø      Parking and lunch will be provided.

    Please look at the attached invitation for more details.  Admission to the conference is free, however reservations are required. For more information and to RSVP, please contact Araceli Larios at (323) 349-0661 ext. 16 or via email at araceli@...

    Remember...... It’s not a Plan without You!

     I hope to see you there!

    Araceli Larios

    Diverse Strategies For Organizing, Inc.

    930 Colorado Blvd., Bldg. 2