34801Dodgers meeting for GEPENC Ad Hoc Comittee

  • Tad Yenawine
    Jun 5, 2014
      Hello All,
      The next meeting about the Dodgers impact on Echo Park and what to do about it will be Tuesday, June 10, 7 pm  to 9 pm.  I believe the Methodist church will host, will confirm the address asap.
      Our last meeting was productive in several ways.
      First, we passed a motion on the special permit parking that has been proposed to the area.  While the GEPENC board has yet to review the motion and make it official, Council member O'Farrell was paying attention and added guest permits to his motion with the City creating the special event permit parking zones.  Yay!
      Second, I think a lot of good issues were raised about the tone and details of the motions that had been presented as drafts.  I will try to get a new draft out this weekend in preparation for the meeting on Tuesday.
      Third, while I appreciate that there is a huge variety of cultures, interests and points of view in our wonderful community, I think the meeting was successful in giving everyone present a voice, at least for the issues we discussed.  At the next meeting I will make sure that the priorities of the participants dictates the order of the agenda and that the most important issues will be addressed first.

      Thank you

      Tad Yenawine
      VTS/Visual Understanding in Education

      “Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even usually surpassing knowledge.”  EJ Potter, RIP 2012