34425Re: [EchoElysianNCForum] Re: Looking for clarification on Scott Ave gate opening [1 Attachment]

  • Kelly Erickson
    Apr 8 6:24 PM
      Just wanted to send over an update on what I am observing for tonight's game (I was out of town Saturday and Sunday).

      2 LADOT officers at Scott and Echo Park. I did not have my "resident placard" displayed, they waved me right on to Scott, no questions asked. I then walked my dog down to the top of the Scott hill overlooking the park, and observed several cars turning left onto Scott from Stadium way, which I thought wasn't going to be allowed, and a couple of cars go straight through the intersection toward the gate. I know there are residential streets up there, but the cars turning up the street came one after the other.

      Considering Scott Avenue is supposed to be closed off to non-residents, and the gate only accessed to traffic being diverted from Elysian Park Ave, you can imagine my concern that the abuses will only get worse.

      On another note, just saw 2 LAPD officers walking along Scott Ave near Portia - foot patrol?

      On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 7:14 PM, Kat B. <kat.beee@...> wrote:

      [Attachment(s) from Kat B. included below]

      What a nightmare this was. It took me 40 minutes to get from Sunset and Park to my home on Lake Shore and Berkeley. Even on a busy weekend, when the 2 freeway can cause backup on Glendale, it is not this impossible to turn onto Scott and make my way into my neighborhood.

      The attached picture was taken at the LS & B intersection at approximately 6:30 p.m. this evening. You can clearly see the line of cars extending up over the Lake Shore split hill, which was being fed by a pretty much stationary line of cars coming down Scott from the stadium. I only wish I had been able to get a picture of the fans who parked near Gateways speeding down LS and almost causing an accident at LS & B.

      I saw three separate groups of fans walking to their cars on LS alone. I honestly didn't think we would get affected being this far west, but I was wrong.

      The only sign I noticed was at Lake Shore and Scott -- clearly it wasn't an effective tool, considering fans made it over the hill and parked on the north end of LS anyway.

      I understand this was Opening Day -- but I'm not optimistic about tomorrow, the next day, or the rest of the season. (Also worth noting...none of my neighbors even knew we could get placards. No one on LS, Grafton, Effie, etc. has one. Doesn't sound like they  made a difference to begin with...)

      --
      Kelly Erickson
      www.EchoParkNow.com