34361Re: [EchoElysianNCForum] Looking for clarification on Scott Ave gate opening

  • Noel Rogers
    Apr 4, 2014
      They're supposed to be blocked from crossing Stadium Way on Scott, for entrance to Stadium. However, Scott will be a through street for exit.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 4, 2014, at 3:22 PM, Kelly Erickson <kellymarie2001@...> wrote:

      It is because the Scott gave is now open for entry from that side of the stadium, that we want to deter anyone attempting to access the stadium from Scott Avenue at Echo Park Avenue. Hence the road block that was supposed to be present at that intersection.
      DOT will (err, should) be present at the end of the game to help with traffic flow, but my concern is presence before the game - that's supposed to keep people from going up Scott Avenue and into the Stadium. Isn't that why we got those resident passes?

      On Apr 4, 2014 3:17 PM, <pbspeedo@...> wrote:

      LADOT returns at game end. They have no idea that the stadium starts emptying during the 7th inning tho.

      On Apr 4, 2014, at 2:08 PM, Kelly Erickson <kellymarie2001@...> wrote:

      Hubby just checked - there's an LADOT officer at Scott & Sargent but no LAPD. Aren't they the only ones who can enforce the "Parking Pass" provided to us by the Dodgers (when really it's not even a parking pass, it's supposed to be a resident access placard)? Making my second round of phone calls but have not been able to get ahold of anyone yet...

      On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Mike Conley <michael.sean.conley@...> wrote:

      Howdy, neighbors -

      I was at the meeting at Barlow Hall last week, leaning on the Dodger representatives for pay-as-you-leave, along with DUI checkpoints at the exits for drivers and pedestrians alike. Franchises have a big problem with inebriated customers leaving their parks; breathalyzer checkpoints at the exits will make their customers think twice about that third beer.

      Like a lot of big, annoying corporations, the Dodger Organization is externalizing their costs -- they're bottlenecking their customers on our streets, instead of having the bottleneck play out on their property. (The correct term is "customers" not "fans." Teams have fans; team owners have customers.)

      Aside from this Scott Avenue mess, those two things -- pay-as-you-go and breathalyzers at the exits -- will dramatically ease problems in the long run. We should keep all three of them on the front burners.

      Mike Conley
      Everett Street

      On Apr 4, 2014, at 10:05 AM, Kelly Erickson wrote:

      I must be a little confused about what is supposed to happen with this Scott Ave gate opening today, hoping for a little clarification because I must have it all wrong.

      Isn't there supposed to be some kind of enforcement in the form of LAPD or LADOT at Scott Avenue and Echo Park Ave? I took the attached pic just about 30 minutes ago - I realized it's pretty early, but it is opening day and we have, in the past, had a parking lot in front of our houses as early as 10am because there's a backup for gate entry.

      Additionally, I didn't see anything down at Scott and Stadium - shouldn't there be someone or something? An A-frame at the top of the hill perhaps? It just seems like Scott is open to anyone and everyone at this point. I'm a little worried!

      Thanks for the clarifications...!

      Kelly Erickson

      Kelly Erickson
      Graphic Designer