34355Re: [EchoElysianNCForum] Looking for clarification on Scott Ave gate opening

  • Kelly Erickson
    Apr 4, 2014
      Hubby just checked - there's an LADOT officer at Scott & Sargent but no LAPD. Aren't they the only ones who can enforce the "Parking Pass" provided to us by the Dodgers (when really it's not even a parking pass, it's supposed to be a resident access placard)? Making my second round of phone calls but have not been able to get ahold of anyone yet...

      On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Mike Conley <michael.sean.conley@...> wrote:

      Howdy, neighbors -

      I was at the meeting at Barlow Hall last week, leaning on the Dodger representatives for pay-as-you-leave, along with DUI checkpoints at the exits for drivers and pedestrians alike. Franchises have a big problem with inebriated customers leaving their parks; breathalyzer checkpoints at the exits will make their customers think twice about that third beer.

      Like a lot of big, annoying corporations, the Dodger Organization is externalizing their costs -- they're bottlenecking their customers on our streets, instead of having the bottleneck play out on their property. (The correct term is "customers" not "fans." Teams have fans; team owners have customers.)

      Aside from this Scott Avenue mess, those two things -- pay-as-you-go and breathalyzers at the exits -- will dramatically ease problems in the long run. We should keep all three of them on the front burners.

      Mike Conley
      Everett Street

      On Apr 4, 2014, at 10:05 AM, Kelly Erickson wrote:

      I must be a little confused about what is supposed to happen with this Scott Ave gate opening today, hoping for a little clarification because I must have it all wrong.

      Isn't there supposed to be some kind of enforcement in the form of LAPD or LADOT at Scott Avenue and Echo Park Ave? I took the attached pic just about 30 minutes ago - I realized it's pretty early, but it is opening day and we have, in the past, had a parking lot in front of our houses as early as 10am because there's a backup for gate entry.

      Additionally, I didn't see anything down at Scott and Stadium - shouldn't there be someone or something? An A-frame at the top of the hill perhaps? It just seems like Scott is open to anyone and everyone at this point. I'm a little worried!

      Thanks for the clarifications...!

      --
      Kelly Erickson

      --