33904Re: [EchoElysianNCForum] City Services?

  • Kelly Erickson
    Dec 27, 2013
      They are also re-paving Scott Ave from Elysian Park to McDuff. Signs just posted today. Speaking from a personal point of view, I agree that it's not the resurfacing that's the issue - it's the timeline. Our street (Scott from Portia to Echo Park Ave) was paved last year - it was a nightmare to say the least (a whole month in between milling and resurfacing, for example).

      Anything we can do to make sure BSS has a reasonable timeline for cold milling, paving and painting of the lines/stripes?

      On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM, Michael Lawler <michael.lawler@...> wrote:

      Again the notices and No Parking signs were posted on upper Echo Park Avenue for repaving work to be done on the 26th and days following.  Everyone has dutifully parked their cars elsewhere -- which is a real inconvenience for all the folks on the neighboring cross streets where parking is now over capacity.  It's now the 27th, and there is still not a single sign of any paving crew.

      This is the second time during this project that people have had to jump through these parking hoops only to find no actual work being done.  We all understand the necessity of street repair (although for the life of me, I don't see how this stretch of road was in need of repaving, especially compared to others in the neighborhood), but one would expect at a minimum competent scheduling.

      ml

      --
      Kelly Erickson
      www.EchoParkNow.com