33088Re: [EchoElysianNCForum] proper recycling

  • Scott Fajack
    Jun 24, 2013
      The smaller ones are not designed to be refilled. Coleman tanks includes a small green plastic valve to insert when the tank is 'empty' that allows all of the propane to vent out allowing you to recycle the tanks. I'm not sure if the city allows this but I toss them in the blue bin. Those without the green valve I take to toxic drop off since they still have residual fuel.
      Call 311.

      S c o t t     F a j a c k
              via  iPhone

      On Jun 24, 2013, at 9:55 AM, Kelly Erickson <kellymarie2001@...> wrote:

      I don't know the answer to your question but I actually have one of those for my grill too, and I was wondering where you would go to fill it up? All I see are the larger tank swapping at places like walgreens, but no smaller refill places.
      Thanks!
      -kelky

      On Jun 24, 2013 9:50 AM, "Rhonda Anjelly" <plantsun@...> wrote:

      Hello!

      I have some empty miniature propane tanks from grilling. Does anyone know where I can take these for proper disposal or a hazardous waste disposal center?

      Thanks!

      --

      www.blueearthbound.com

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic