Dimension Reduction techniques on nonnormal count data

  • cmhsieh54
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2003
      Does anybody have any idea whether there are any techniques out
      there for this? Kind of like a factor analysis for nonnormal count
      data?

      Essentially, I have one (count data) dependent variable, and some
      independent count data variables that I believe all contribute to a
      latent variable. I want to be able to test for whether the
      dependent variable and latent variable are related by inverse-U
      relationship. Any help out there?

      CM