Re: Economics Institutes in India

  • Wafa Hakim
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2002
      For welfare economics, you could also try the IGIDR (Indira Gandhi
      Institute of Developmental Research) in Mumbai, apart from the 2 that Mario
      suggested. There's also constant research work going on at various
      universities- the Jawaharlal Nehru University in Delhi, Delhi University, &
      the Universities of Mumbai & Kolkata to name a few - were these the ones
      where you said your visit was "not very fruitful"?

      Regards,
      Wafa.

      At 05:43 PM 1/7/02 +0000, you wrote:
      >Dear members,
      >
      >I am thinking of doing research on some welfare economics issues at
      >the University of Wales in UK. For the purpose I had been to India to
      >some time back to understand some of the issues and to have first
      >hand information. I had chance to visit some of the Universities as
      >well but the visit was not that fruitful. Could any of you suggest
      >me some of the good institutions in India involved in Economic
      >research.
      >
      >Steve Jackson

      "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
      -- Pablo Picasso.
    • Mario Ratnakar Nagathota
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2002
        And yes, if you could contact University Grants Commission(UGC) Delhi,
        then it might be of a great help to you.

        Mario

        --- Wafa Hakim <wafah@...> wrote:
        > For welfare economics, you could also try the IGIDR (Indira Gandhi
        > Institute of Developmental Research) in Mumbai, apart from the 2 that
        > Mario
        > suggested. There's also constant research work going on at various
        > universities- the Jawaharlal Nehru University in Delhi, Delhi
        > University, &
        > the Universities of Mumbai & Kolkata to name a few - were these the ones
        >
        > where you said your visit was "not very fruitful"?
        >
        > Regards,
        > Wafa.
        >
        > At 05:43 PM 1/7/02 +0000, you wrote:
        > >Dear members,
        > >
        > >I am thinking of doing research on some welfare economics issues at
        > >the University of Wales in UK. For the purpose I had been to India to
        > >some time back to understand some of the issues and to have first
        > >hand information. I had chance to visit some of the Universities as
        > >well but the visit was not that fruitful. Could any of you suggest
        > >me some of the good institutions in India involved in Economic
        > >research.
        > >
        > >Steve Jackson

        > "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
        > -- Pablo Picasso.

        =====

        Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
        http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/