  • Steve Jones
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7 9:58 AM
      Dear members,

      I am thinking of doing research on some welfare
      economics issues at the University of Wales in UK. For
      the purpose I had been to India to some time back to
      understand some of the issues and to have first hand
      information. I had chance to visit some of the
      Universities as well but the visit was not that
      fruitful. Again I will be India in Feb 2002.Could any
      of you suggest me some of the good institutions in
      India involved in Economic research.

      Steve Jackson

      Looking for a job? Visit Yahoo! India Careers
      Visit http://in.careers.yahoo.com
    • limitlesakash
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7 11:26 PM
        hi steve

        you could look into Delhi School of Economics (DSE), Delhi University, Delhi.

        there is also Centre of Development Economics(CDE). Both CDE & DSE are located next to each other and work together on lots of projects. I am not sure but there used to be a professor by the name of Jean Dreze (has worked with Amartya Sen on some of his work)...he was into welfare economics research. In case you are interested i will find out their phone number or something for u to get in touch.

        Best

        Akash