Three Positions at CSU, Chico

  • dlovett@csuchico.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2001
      The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at California State
      University, Chico invites applications for (3) tenure-track positions:
      Applied Mathematics, Mathematics Education, and Statistics. For
      complete details visit: http://www.csuchico.edu/math/
      California State University, Chico is a fully accredited,
      state-supported member of a 23-campus CSU system. The university is a
      residential campus serving a diverse student body of approximately
      16,000.

      Founded in 1887, CSU, Chico offers undergraduate and graduate programs
      in the Colleges of Behavioral and Social Sciences; Communication and
      Education; Computer Science, Engineering and Technology; Humanities
      and Fine Arts; Natural Sciences; Business; and, Agriculture.

      As a comprehensive university serving Northern California and other
      regions nationally and internationally, our first priority is the
      education of our students. We support the exploration of knowledge,
      the integration of ideas, the connecting of thought to action, and the
      inspiring of students. (Excerpted from the Mission Statement,
      1999-2001, University Catalog.)

      The Community
      With a population of nearly 96,000, Chico is located in the Sacramento
      Valley near the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas. It is 180 miles
      northeast of San Francisco and 90 miles north of Sacramento and offers
      a reasonable cost of living compared to metropolitan areas.

      Chico retains the charm of a small town while offering excellent
      medical services, public and private schools, and many cultural and
      recreational activities. The city's Bidwell Park, second largest
      municipal park west of the Mississippi, extends from the city center
      along a creek deep into the foothills and surrounding canyons.