Re: Digest Number 45

  • Vice Velarde
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2000
      Hello to all the subscribers of this mailing list!!!

      Let me introduce myself first. I am Vice Velarde, a graduate student at the
      University of Iowa, pursuing a Masters in Actuarial Science and hopefully in
      the future, a Ph.D. in Statistics. I am now in my second year of studies at
      Iowa and will be finishing my MS degree in May 2001. I am originally from
      the Philippines, having arrived in the United States just over a year ago to
      pursue graduate studies here. I got my undergraduate degree from a private
      university in the Philippines (De La Salle University) which is B.S.
      Mathematics with a minor in Stats and Act Sci. I am also currently a
      teaching assistant at the Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science at
      Iowa. I have been teaching Statistics for Business for three semesters now.

      Actually, I have been subscribing to this mailing list since last Spring but
      it is only now that I have found time to finally introduce myself and
      hopefully start being "active" with the posts and replies, etc.

      I hope that I could meet a lot of friends and acquaintances thru this
      mailing list.

      Vice Velarde

      VICENTE EDUARDO G. VELARDE, JR.
      Department of Statistics & Actuarial Science
      241 Schaeffer Hall
      University of Iowa
      Iowa City, Iowa, USA 52242

      Office phone: (319) 353-2297