Re: There's life

  • Frank Maier-Rigaud
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 31, 2000
      Yes, be more speific in your question, I might be able to help you too...
      Actually my name is Frank I am a fourth year Grad at Bloomington Indiana
      (Econ departmet) - I did not introduce myself before, I was just a quiet
      reader...so hello all....

      On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, C.K. Krishnadas wrote:

      > Hi Sanjay,
      >
      > Let me know what kind of help you are looking for?
      > Do you have any specific questions esp. on state space models or Kalman
      > filter? I am sure you are not going to be satisfied by a literature
      > reference, for the simple reason that it is so abundant and accessible.
      >
      > -- Krishnadas
      >
      > Sanjay Chugh wrote:
      >

      > > Cool, we're back. Maybe this time at least a few of us won't become
      > > idle for so long. =)
      > >
      > > I'm an economics grad student at Penn - I'll be going into my second
      > > year IF I pass the econometrics prelim. We take macro, micro, and
      > > econometrics in May, and then you have a second chance in September
      > > if you don't pass them all the first time. I passed micro and macro,
      > > but not econometrics, so I have to retake that. 10 days away now.
      > > And I have to re-study the part which gave me the most trouble -
      > > Bayesian analysis, VARs, and state space models/Kalman filters.
      > > Anyone out there an expert on this stuff? Especially state space
      > > models/Kalman filter? I REALLY never understood that stuff.....
      > >
      > > Anyway - I must get back to my books. Take care all,
      > >
      > > Sanjay

      > _____NetZero Free Internet Access and Email______

      Frank P. Maier-Rigaud

      Max Planck Project Group on Common Goods

      phone: ++49-(0)228 91416-82
      fax: ++49-(0)228 91416-88

      http://www.mpp-rdg.mpg.de/
      http://www.microeconomics.de/
      http://www.indiana.edu/~workshop/

      "Do, or do not. There is no 'try'." - Yoda ;-)
    • kevinku01@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2000
        I'm glad people are starting to converse again. I am Kevin, I will get my BA
        in econ in January and will be aplying to a PhD program at Carolina for next
        fall. I think I have a great shot at getting in. I have visited the
        department a couple of times and I really like it. I also visited Cornell
        and Rutgers. I am very excited about it. I will be taking 12 credits in
        Math (including 3 graduate credits) to prep myself. I am looking foward to
        hearing from you all.

        Kevin
      • elvin
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2000
          Hey Kevin,

          It's Elvin. How are you doing?

          What classes did you decide to take?

          Best of luck to you, I decided to go to the job market. I expect to wrap up
          a job offer by the 12th or 13th of September.

          Elvin Wong

        • kevinku01@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 1, 2000
            Good to hear from you elvin,

            I took matrix and calcii over the summer. this fall i'm taking calc iii,
            discrete structures, and probability, the grad class is mulitple regression
            analysis (oooo). What kind of job did you land. Did you get your MA?
          • elvin
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 2, 2000
              Hey Kevin,

              I should get the MA as soon as I finish the thesis (Ha!).

              Got a position as a derivatives/structured finance analyst. I figured since
              academia didn't want me, I might as well make some bucks.

              I remember when you said that you visited NC you got some very positive
              feedback from the faculty there. I hope everything works out for you.

              Elvin

              Download Now http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html
              Request a CDROM 1-800-333-3633
            • kevinku01@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 2, 2000
                Thanks Elvin,

                I do too. And I hope you can knock 'em dead in the corporate world. I've
                had more than one proffesor tell me that's the way to go. Keep in touch.

                Kevin