Introduction

  • Kim Schneider
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2000
      Hi! I stumbled across this list from the mention in "Concerns of Young
      Mathematicians", but was so caught up in finals that it is only now I could
      sit down and send out a message.

      I just graduated from Bowdoin College in Brunswick, Maine with a
      mathematics major, music minor, and a proud membership in the Alpha Delta
      Phi Society. I've also participated in the Carleton/St. Olaf summer program
      and the Mount Holyoke REU. I'm heading to Pennsylvania State University in
      the fall to begin graduate studies in mathematics. I'm hoping to study
      number theory but everyone says you change your focus once you get to grad
      school so I'm keeping an open mind. :)

      I promised myself I would keep this short, and for once, I succeeded. I
      look forward to reading some of the discussions on this list!

      -Kim Schneider