log regression

  • Trish McOrmond
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2000
      I have a question about working with income as a
      variable in a log regression. It might be pretty
      basic, but I have no idea what the answer is.

      I am using income as one of a series of independent
      variables to determine whether a respondent
      participates in a certain task and when I have used
      income before it has always been a continuous
      variable. The data set that I am working with now has
      income coded as a categorical variable. I am not sure
      if I need to create a continuous income variable and
      then take the LN, or if I only do LNincm on the
      categorical variable, or if I don't need to change
      anything and I just use the categorical variable as
      is.

      http://im.yahoo.com