270Re: Economics Institutes in India

  • Mario Ratnakar Nagathota
    Jan 7, 2002
      Well steve,
      I guess the Indian Statistical Institute does good reasearch in economics.
      There are two centres for it. One is in Kolkata( formerly Calcutta) and
      another is in Delhi. I guess the Delhi one does better research in
      Economics whereas the former one is good for econometrics. and there is
      Delhi School of Economics. These should serve your purpose.
      Good Luck.

      Mario

      --- steveodg <steveodg@...> wrote:
      > Dear members,
      >
      > I am thinking of doing research on some welfare economics issues at
      > the University of Wales in UK. For the purpose I had been to India to
      > some time back to understand some of the issues and to have first
      > hand information. I had chance to visit some of the Universities as
      > well but the visit was not that fruitful. Could any of you suggest
      > me some of the good institutions in India involved in Economic
      > research.
      >
      > Steve Jackson

      =====

      Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!