No activity in last 7 days
This group is based on the concept of eating locally popularized by the book "The 100 Mile Diet" by Smith and McKinnon and "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver. The purpose of the group is to be a virtual meeting place for people in southwest Michigan to northern Indiana to find sources of local foods, share stories and adventures about how eating locally can change your life, health, and that of your community. Members include consumers, farmers, chefs, resturateurs, grocers and other retailers. It can be used to locate different foods, find others to share in making a trip to local growers or sources of foods, and generally just help everyone make their food purchases more locally.
- Food and Drink
- Nov 6, 2007
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages require approval.
- All members can post messages.