V5R3, MMAIL, Error sending from WRKSPLF.PGM

  • bomb
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2007
      Dear sirs,
                          yesterday I installed for the 1st time MMAIL Utility, and, today
      after some modification as suggested from F&Q  I successfully send mails
      and attached document.

      The only problem come from WRKSPLF.PGM utility.

      When I try to send mail with pdf attached I receive this ERROR: (image)

      I forget something  ??

      Thanks for helps.

      Roberto Bombelli
      M.I.C. Shimano SpA

    • bomb
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2007
        Dear sirs,
                            yesterday I installed for the 1st time MMAIL Utility, and, today
        after some modification as suggested from F&Q  I successfully send mails
        and attached document.

        The only problem come from WRKSPLF.PGM utility.

        When I try to send mail with pdf attached I receive this ERROR:
        E-MAIL a spooled file (EMLSPL)
        Spooled file    STAM15     Job Name  QPRTJOB
        Printer devType *AFPDS       User BOMB
        Spool file number 000013    Number 251039
        ecc......

        Invalid e-mail address  nome@...  was detected

        Plase go back to the previous screen

        I forget something  ??

        Thanks for helps.

        Roberto Bombelli
        M.I.C. Shimano SpA
      • Miki

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2007
            Messaggio
            try this:
            mmail/cvttopdf

            My setting in this moment is 2 and it function well:

            CVTSPLFPDF - freeware
            Converts *SCS and *AFPDS spool file to stream files type pdf.

            Enrico Amisano

            Servizio EDP

            Guala Dispensing Spa

            Zona Industriale D5

            15047 Sobborgo Spinetta Marengo (AL)

            Email: eamisano@...

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 1, 2007
              Thank you Enrico,
              but, this is already setting to "2"; and I have no problem on
              conversion to PDF.
              My only problem is when I try to send mail fron WRKSPLF.PGM and
              I have problem with :

              Invalid e-mail address nome@... was detected

              SENDER MAIL ADDRESS !!

              --- In Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com, "Enrico Amisano" <eamisano@...>
              wrote:

              > try this:
              > mmail/cvttopdf
              >
              > My setting in this moment is 2 and it function well:
              >
              > CVTSPLFPDF - freeware
              > Converts *SCS and *AFPDS spool file to stream files type pdf.
              >

              > Enrico Amisano
              >
              > Servizio EDP
              >
              > Guala Dispensing Spa
              >
              > Zona Industriale D5
              >
              > 15047 Sobborgo Spinetta Marengo (AL)
              >
              > Email: eamisano@...

            • Giovanni B. Perotti
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 1, 2007
                Hard to tell about the eror without a joblog.

                Apparently you are using the CGI program WRKSPLF in MMAIL and, at a given point, you decide to e-mail a spool file
                to be converted to PDF.
                It seems that when the program has built the MIME file to be sent, inclusive of the PDF, just before sending it to MSF/SMTP, it checks the receiver's address, finds that it does not comply, sends out an error message.

                Now the address appears to be nome@...  and apparently looks acceptable.
                The easiest explanation is that character @ is not interpreted correctly by the audit routine.
                That may happen if the job CCSID is 65535.

                Check out system value QCCSID, and if 65535, change it to 280 (for Italian).

                Giovanni
                MMAIL author

                Invalid e-mail address nome@domain. it was detected

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 1, 2007
                  ooohhhh !!! Thank you Giovanni now MAil performed !!!!

                  Problem was CCSID because I read it on F&Q but I'm stupid and I foget
                  to change system value.

                  Thank you again.

                  Giovanni sorry but, what about works on system; why, when they start
                  the CPU usage is accepteble and after some hours they use too much
                  of memory. There are a way to limit them?

                  QTSMTPCLTP QTCP PJ 12,0 RUN
                  QTSMTPCLTP QTCP PJ 11,1 RUN
                  QTSMTPCLTP QTCP PJ 14,0 RUN

                  Roberto Bombelli
                  M.I.C. Shimano.

                  --- In Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com, "Giovanni B. Perotti"
                  <gb_perotti@...> wrote:

                  > Hard to tell about the eror without a joblog.
                  >
                  > Apparently you are using the CGI program WRKSPLF in MMAIL and, at a
                  given point, you decide to e-mail a spool file
                  > to be converted to PDF.
                  > It seems that when the program has built the MIME file to be sent,
                  inclusive of the PDF, just before sending it to MSF/SMTP, it checks
                  the receiver's address, finds that it does not comply, sends out an
                  error message.

                  > Now the address appears to be nome@... and apparently looks
                  acceptable.
                  > The easiest explanation is that character @ is not interpreted
                  correctly by the audit routine.
                  > That may happen if the job CCSID is 65535.
                  >
                  > Check out system value QCCSID, and if 65535, change it to 280 (for
                  Italian).

                  > Giovanni
                  > MMAIL author
                  WRKSPLF.PGM