Re: [Easy400Group] Re: AS400/Blackberry logon problem -

  • Stephen Corbett
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2005
      I'm not sure how the mechanics of the securing a page using this method
      works, but I believe that if you are accessing the system via a regular HTTP
      (ie not SSL/HTTPS) then your user id & password is transmitted in plain
      text....which is why I avoid this technique. (I have the users log on via
      SSL and pass a valid session variable back and forth to avoid this.)

      Is it possible that your remote device is changing ip address during the
      session and this is causing you problem? Maybe the Blackberry is handed off
      between different transmitting stations. I have been into offices where my
      mobile phone changes towers as I walk from one side of the office, 10 feet
      away to the other.

      Hope this might help.

      Steve

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2005
        Marty -

        Thanks for the link to your site / examples. Good stuff. I've seen
        your site before. The Blackberry stuff is very cool.