Server side includes vs. reading file from ifs

  • sgiblue
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2002
      When using "building blocks" of various .html files to dynamically
      put together a page based on user input, what are the implications of
      plugging a server-side include statement into the stdout stream to
      reference a file vs. reading that file from the ifs with the service
      program and plugging the actual file contents into the stdout
      stream? I guess the question is: Is it better to let the HTTP server
      get the file or is it better for my RPGLE program to get the file?
      Any thoughts would be appreciated.
      Thanks
    • Giovanni Perotti
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2002
        Please read the following FAQ from the Easy400 site
        http://www.easy400.ibm.it/cgidev2o/faq21.htm

        Best regards/Cordiali saluti
        dr. Giovanni B. Perotti
        gb_perotti@...
        iSeries 400 Technical Sales Support, IBM ITALY
        Phone +39-02-596.25854
        Don't miss a visit to my site
        http://www.easy400.ibm.it
        or (which is the same)