HMAC MD5: ILE BIF _Cipher

  • mlcnal
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2004
      I'm using the ILE BIF _Cipher and Gene Gaunt's wrapper called Hash
      (as defined in iSeries News, Oct. 2000) in generating a Message
      Authentication Code (MAC). I get a resonable number, but, it is not
      the correct number.

      The MAC number I.m looking for must be generated using the "Keyed-
      Hashing for Message Authentication" algorithm as defined in RFC2104.

      I use a secret key in generating the MAC tag.

      Can anyone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? Or, can you
      guide me to other resources that can help me figure this out?

      Mary in Alabama