Condition a botton on the form..

  • gozzilla67it
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2004
      I would like to condition a button according to a variable. What it
      is correct syntax? when I am in insert mode I would like that the
      "delete button" is disabled, instead when they are in updating mode
      the button must have enabled. naturally always using the usual one
      form..

      Thanks and hi..
    • Flaker, Jeff
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2004
        Message
        Put a hidden field which is filled by the program with UPDATE or INSERT.

        have a bit of JavaScript in the HTML checking the value of the hidden field......

        if (FormName.HiddenField.value == "INSERT")
            {FormName.DeleteButton.disabled=true}

        Jeffrey Flaker
        Senior Programmer/Analyst
        Linens 'N Things
        6 Brighton Rd
        Clifton, NJ 07015
        Phone: 973-249-4384
        Fax: 973-249-4901
        http://www.lnt.com

        "A good player makes himself look good; a great player makes the team look good."
        Author unknown