Reading a Physical file in a RPG CGI program

  • bmesenbrink
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 7, 2002
      I am experimenting with a RPG CGI program and am quite new at it.
      The program works fine in handling the HTML. When I add code in the
      RPG program to read a physical file I receive the following error;

      Error 500
      BAD SCRIPT REQUEST -- SCRIPT '/QSYS.LIB/CGILIB.LIB/hellow9.pgm' NOT
      FOUND OR NOT EXECUTABLE

      when I comment out all reference to the physical file it works fine!?!
      Does anyone know why this is happening??
    • Parkinson, Dwayne
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 7, 2002
        You are most likely encountering an authority issue. You need to authorize
        user QTMHHTP1 to the file or library you are trying to use. You may need to
        authorize user QTMHHTTP to the file as well, I'm not sure. If you authorize
        both users that should get rid of the problem.

        Hope that does the trick.

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 7, 2002
          If the CGI program owner has authority to access the file just do the following and the owners authority will give access to the file.
          CHGPGM PGM(WEBLIB/PGM)
                 USRPRF(*OWNER)

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 7, 2002
            This may be something as simple as a library list problem.  When HELLOW9 runs, it's running in one of the server jobs; if the PF file isn't in the server job library list, HELLOW9 will bomb.  You'll have to OVRDBF or ADDLIBLE from within HELLOW9 before opening the PF, change the server job description, etc.

          • Peter_Vidal@Pall.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 7, 2002
              For example, I have this in one of my programs:

              FILE DEFINITION
              Fin_file if e k disk usropn

              DATA SPECIFICATIONS
              *
              * AS400 Commands
              D Command_Length S 15 5
              D Command S 100 DIM(10) CTDATA PERRCD(1)

              CALCULATIONS
              C Open in_file 99

              *-------------------------------------------------------------
              * *INZSR - Initial subroutine
              *-------------------------------------------------------------
              C *Inzsr Begsr
              *
              * Call QCMDEXC to override in_file.
              C call 'QCMDEXC' 96
              C parm Command(1)
              C parm 44 Command_Length
              C endsr

              ** Command (Inter Program Defined Table of AS400 Commands)
              OVRDBF FILE(in_file) TOFILE(my_libr/in_file)

              Peter Vidal
              Programmer Analyst
              PALL Aeropower Corp.

              "Reeve
              Fritchman" To: Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com
              <reeve@ltl400 cc:
              .com> Subject: RE: [Easy400Group] Reading a Physical
              file in a RPG CGI program
              02/07/2002
              02:03 PM
              Please
              respond to
              Easy400Group

              This may be something as simple as a library list problem. When HELLOW9 runs,
              it's running in one of the server jobs; if the PF file isn't in the server job
              library list, HELLOW9 will bomb. You'll have to OVRDBF or ADDLIBLE from within
              HELLOW9 before opening the PF, change the server job description, etc.
              I am experimenting with a RPG CGI program and am quite new at it.
              The program works fine in handling the HTML. When I add code in the
              RPG program to read a physical file I receive the following error;

              Error 500
              BAD SCRIPT REQUEST -- SCRIPT '/QSYS.LIB/CGILIB.LIB/hellow9.pgm' NOT
              FOUND OR NOT EXECUTABLE

              when I comment out all reference to the physical file it works fine!?!
              Does anyone know why this is happening??

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • bmesenbrink
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 11, 2002
                That worked!! thanks!!

                --- In Easy400Group@y..., "Reeve Fritchman" <reeve@l...> wrote:
                > This may be something as simple as a library list problem. When
                HELLOW9
                > runs, it's running in one of the server jobs; if the PF file isn't
                in the
                > server job library list, HELLOW9 will bomb. You'll have to OVRDBF
                or
                > ADDLIBLE from within HELLOW9 before opening the PF, change the
                server job
                > description, etc.

                Service.