Launch a programme without leaving my page.

  • pilepl01
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2003
      Hi all
      How can i launch a RPG program (I.e. special printing)
      without leaving the HTML page i am vewing.
    • vincenzo.amoruso@csacsa.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2003
        Use hidden IFRAME :

        <HTML>
        <IFRAME id="iframe1" STYLE
        ="width:650px;height:80px;position:absolute;visibility:hidden;top:5;left:180;"

        SRC="/mypgmp/mypgm.cgi"></IFRAME>
        <form name=scheda method=get >
        </HTML>

        The program is executed without leaving the page

        Ciao!

        Vincenzo Amoruso
        System Project s.r.l.
        Andria(BA) - Italy
        +39 (0)883566648

        http: www.system-project.it
        @-mail: vincenzo.amoruso@...
      • clark
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2003
          this is a guess...          sort of...           are you using an rpg pgm to display the initial page?    or cl?     if rpg - use qcmdexc to submitt the job -   or if cl - submitt the job from there.

                How can i launch a RPG program (I.e. special printing)
          without leaving the HTML page i am vewing.

        • Elbert Cook
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1, 2003
            Click a button that opens a new window.

            The new windows launches the program.

            The new window sets the focus back to the parent
            window then closes itself.

            --- pilepl01 <p.legault@...> wrote:
            > Hi all
            > How can i launch a RPG program (I.e. special
            > printing)
            > without leaving the HTML page i am vewing.

            Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
            http://companion.yahoo.com/
          • pilepl01
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 2, 2003
              Thank you very much

              This is exactly what i was looking for.
              Pierre Legault

              --- In Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com, vincenzo.amoruso@c... wrote:

              > Use hidden IFRAME :
              >
              > <HTML>
              > <IFRAME id="iframe1" STYLE

              ="width:650px;height:80px;position:absolute;visibility:hidden;top:5;le
              ft:180;"

              > SRC="/mypgmp/mypgm.cgi"></IFRAME>
              > <form name=scheda method=get >
              > </HTML>
              >
              > The program is executed without leaving the page
              >
              > Ciao!
              >

              > Vincenzo Amoruso
              > System Project s.r.l.
              > Andria(BA) - Italy
              > +39 (0)883566648
              >
              > http: www.system-project.it
              > @-mail: vincenzo.amoruso@c...
            • Joseph Kreyling
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 5, 2006
                Exactly how does this work? Does the called program not write to
                standard output and then close the window? Will the window stay open
                while the programs executes?

                --- In Easy400Group@yahoogroups.com, Elbert Cook <emcook@...> wrote:

                > Click a button that opens a new window.
                >
                > The new windows launches the program.
                >
                > The new window sets the focus back to the parent
                > window then closes itself.
                >
                > --- pilepl01 <p.legault@...> wrote:
                > > Hi all
                > > How can i launch a RPG program (I.e. special
                > > printing)
                > > without leaving the HTML page i am vewing.

                > Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
                > http://companion.yahoo.com/

              • Joseph Kreyling
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 5, 2006
                  I was curious how the hidden Iframe launches the program? Does it
                  call the program when the page is displayed? If you do a reload on
                  the hidden Iframe will it call the program again? Can you tell when
                  the hidden Iframe is done calling the program?